June 13, 2012

From Who????????

Today as I was preparing a letter to be mailed to a friend, I found myself smiling when it came time to write out the return address. The return address is a wonderful thing, because it can make the recipient smile before they even open the envelope. 

Last summer I sent out a letter to a friend, on the envelope I wrote the name of one of our professors as the return address. This made her panic, and then laugh...quite a bit. 

In the spring of second year I was sitting in the lounge, or common area of my residence, when the Residence Co-ordinator, my good friend Amanda told me that I had mail. I asked her who it was from, to which she replied "Cory Matthews!" Oh course I squealed like a little girl, because 1. I had mail, and 2. A good friend had taken the time and thought to write the name of one of our favourite television characters as the name on the return address! This of course lead to a big "awwwww" from the rest of the girls in the lounge, and made me smile before I even opened the letter. (Which turned out to be pretty great too, by the way.)

Sending a letter in the mail is very thoughtful, but it means that much more when you take the time to go above and beyond the duty of pen-pal-ship. So why not color the envelop, stick on stickers, or of course, get creative with the name on the return address. 

Make things fun, and be happy :)

Happy Letter Writing!

2 comments: