August 11, 2012

Following in the Footsteps

While camping last week, I was able to get to know many people that I didn't know very well. Two of these people are from the same family, in fact, they are father and son. It was so neat to be able to see how much fun they had together, how patient the son was when his older sister was shopping, and how firm, but joyful the father was while disciplining his son. It was as if the father was thinking, "how blessed am I that God has trusted me with helping to show my son what is right from what is wrong."

It was an incredible blessing to hike with them on Cannon Mountain, because as the picture shows, the son is following the in father's footsteps. What the picture fails to capture, is that the father is following in the footsteps of Christ. He is leading the way for his son to have life to it's fullest. How cool is that? I absolutely adore these two people, both of them always take such good care of me, especially when we are away. Although the son often jokes about how mean I am and how he never wants to sit by me, it was pretty neat on the last night to sit and play DS games with him. When another "cooler" youth came over and asked to play, the son replied, "No, not now, I'm playing with Annie."

I am so excited to see my favourite 10 year old grow into a teen and into a gentleman. I am so excited to see the amazing things God has in store for his life, and I am SO excited for him to reach the age where it's not lame to hang out with the female youth leader. I am so very excited for us to be best friends, and I don't mind waiting even if it means waiting a decade or two. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment