September 25, 2012

A Soul Says "A-choo"

Last night as I sat on the bus I watched an ambulance being transported on a tow truck. This is not a sight I often see. Day in and day out I see ambulances speeding to rescue the sick, and racing to transport them to the hospital, but once in a while I'll see ambulances and doctors that are sick. It should be completely normal, yet to me it stands out. This past weekend was very difficult for me. Without going into detail, I was betrayed, insulted, and humiliated all by not only someone whom I trust, but by a person very "high up" in the church. A well known verse came to mind, "It is not the healthy that need a doctor, but the sick" (Matthew 9:12), but what we often fail to remember is that EVERYONE is sick once and a while. I promise you that I do not think any less of the person who hurt me. I promise you that I will not treat the person any differently. Everyone makes mistakes, everyone gets consumed by things they do not wish to be consumed by, and everyone gets sick. 

If anything this was a wake up call for me. I must continue to do my best to think of everyone equally. I must remember that I too face spiritual sickness, I must help those around me by encouraging them to give themselves daily check ups of their spiritual lives. I must be very thankful for those who take care of me when I do face the inevitable spiritual sickness, but most importantly I must keep in mind who my doctor is and ask Him daily to heal me from the sickness I have and to prevent the illnesses that I face in everyday life. 


Sickness is just part of life here on earth, and you know what? 
Sometimes even ambulances need a mechanic. 

Google Image



2 comments: