September 21, 2012

Under Construction

Recently my part of town has had a lot of roads under construction. The main road within the university was being fixed during the first week of school, the road next to the school was under construction last week, and this week it's our turn. This means loud noises early in the morning, an increase of traffic on our street, and a lot of hollering in general. I know the reasoning behind all of this madness, I realize that eventually the roads will be much better than they were before the annoyances, and I am well aware that the earlier the workers get started, the faster the road gets repaired. Even though I have all of these things in mind, I still find myself complaining about the inconveniences. Do you ever find yourself complaining about the little trials in life that end up showing you important life lessons? They seem so annoying and bothersome at the start, but once you've moved through them, you realize why they had to happen. Construction zones are not always in the way, noisy, or annoying, sometimes you don't even notice them. I am always trying to better my life, and live life to the full, so perhaps I am permanently "under construction." 

In my reading today I came across Ecclesiastes 7:8 which says that "The end of a matter is better than its beginning, and patience is better than pride." I think that this verse fits perfectly with my reflection today. The "end" here is not talking about finality, it is talking about result. Trials only last so long, but perseverance strengthens faith. 

1 comment:

  1. Just what I needed to hear! Thanks, Annie!!

    ReplyDelete