October 10, 2012

Annielocks and her new jeans

There is only one store in this city that sells jeans that fit me well; recently that store closed. Recently I realized that owning 2 pairs of jeans just is not enough. Recently I realized that one of my two pairs of jeans is wearing out. So.... recently I took a trip to the Mic Mac Mall on a mission to buy jeans.

I tried on 5 pairs of jeans at Old Navy: all too big.
I tried on 6 pairs of jeans at Garage: all too skintight.
(I like denim with my spandex, please)
I tried on 2 pairs at Eclipse: all too....fake looking.
I looked at American Eagle as I walked by, but I have yet to find something that fits me, my style,  and my price point in that store
I looked at Stitches, but their merchandise is well named... the stitches tend to show..then fall out.

I ended up buying two pairs of jeans from Bluenotes, and even though the range of sizes was very sporadic THEY HAD MY SIZE!  This still begs me to ask the question, why does buying pants have to be so difficult. Is this the same for people of all sizes? What about for guys? Is it just me? 

It would make my life easier if:
  • There were different stores for pants for girls and pants for boys.
  • The rules of the dressing room were posted, aka something along the lines of "please wait to be seated" or "seat yourself" (restaurants seem to have this figured out).
  • Employes had some kind of uniform instead of a black lanyard. I'd like to know who works there so that I can know who to ask for help.
  • The smallest sizes of jeans were not placed 8 feet up on the top shelf. (Usually the people with 30 leg length are not the ones that have the easiest time reaching the tallest shelf.)  
  • Jeans were sold with a leg-length shorter than 30, because who likes to hem? Certainly not a university student without a sewing machine in her little house, that's for sure.
So there you have it, a real life "fairy's" tale of Goldilocks. It took a full day, and it took a whole lot of patience, but I finally found the pants that were "jusssst right".

Here is a picture of me in my just right jeans. 


Until next time,
Annie.

3 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel! I've had the same three pairs of jeans for about three years now and have not been able to find new ones that fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Annie

    You are not the only person with this problem! I have always struggled to find a pair of jeans that actually fit. Being bigger, I had the problem that they would fit around the waist but not in the behind or the legs (they'd always be baggy)

    Now, that I've gone down five sizes.. I find jeans that fit in the legs and behind but not comfortable around the waist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie, you are not alone! I have SUCH a hard time finding jeans, too! (All pants, really.) I haven't bought jeans since Jan. 22, 2011. I remember the date because it was a BIG deal that I found jeans that fit perfectly and were high quality. Unfortunately, they also came with a high price tag, but I've decided it was worth it. I wear these two pairs all the time; they're my favourite ever and I get lots of compliments on them. Even though I've had them for almost 2 years (and wear them ALL the time), they still look great! They're the only 2 pairs I brought to China with me (although now I'm wishing I had packed at least one other pair).

    I should probably tell you that they were Silver jeans, in case anyone wants to try a pair. Pricey, but so worth the fit, look, and quality. (It helped that i bought them when they were on a crazy sale.)

    ReplyDelete