February 18, 2013

Two-Oh-One-Two in Review

2012 was my FAVOURITE year so far, but I say that about every year that passes.

My First Day of 2012 was spent in Church leading a Children's Story about putting God FIRST in our lives. It was the first day, of the first week, of the first month of the year. It was the first day to put God first in our lives for 2012.

There were many firsts in 2012.
In 2012 for the first time I:

Made a clock
Drove on PEI
Helped take a bunch of teens to the United States.
Met the former Newsboys: Phil Joel & Peter Furler->
Won a radio contest
Learned to Crochet
Ate free samples at Costco
Witnessed my good friends Laura Lyons, Emily, Joy, and others graduate.
Visited 6 different Countries in one year (Canada, USA, Switzerland, Germany, France, and the Czech Republic)
Travelled by myself
Moved out of my first apartment
Left the continent
Went to a friend's wedding in Fredericton-------------------------->
Tried biking to work
Biked to work
Organized a church Worship Team
Tried Alcohol
Slept in the same room as a reptile bigger than my arm.
Took a university level Biology course
Started a phone and an internet contract
Wrote devotionals for youth group events
Saw movies such as "The Help," "Mirror Mirror," "The Hobbit," and "Taken 2" in theatre.
Witnessed my friends Erin, Liz, and Dan go through the waters of baptism
Won a t-shirt in a draw at a presentation
Ran in an organized race
Helped to plan and lead a youth retreat
Bought a boat (an inflatable one, but still!)
Went to Grand Manan ---------------------------------->
Sewed my own pair of footie pyjamas
Asked a professor for a reference letter
Drove a standard (not well, mind you)
Learned to play the ukulele 
Went for coffee with someone I didn't know
Had my friends AmandaMelissa, and Emily over for supper
Started a blog!
Picked out and purchased eyewear all by myself
Adopted two ADORABLE pigs
Restored an old piece of furniture
Took a university level Calculus course ------------------------>
Had something done at a tattoo shop
Ate a homemade peanut buttercup
Browsed AND shopped at IKEA
Completed every course offered by Msgr Henneberry
Read a Harry Potter book for a university class
Drove to church in Fredericton
Gave my best "Children's Stories"
Was part of a group Halloween costume--------------->

And most importantly...

I kept a "New Year's Resolution" for the ENTIRE YEAR. That's right folks, I read about 4 chapters of the bible every single day of 2012, and all but a few of those days have journal entries.

My Last Day of of 2012 was spent in the Czech Republic, walking around Prague watching spontaneous shows of fireworks, and sleeping in a car at a well-lit rest stop. I couldn't have asked for a better year.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful year! I think recaps are great, because they help to remind us of how truly blessed we are. Sometimes the small (and even big!) moments get lost in the grand scheme of things. I forgot about supper at your place with Em and Melissa. A grand night for sure!

    ReplyDelete